As part of the land-grant mission, Oklahoma State University is committed to making education accessible and affordable to the people of Oklahoma and beyond. Our new Cowboy Concurrent Online program provides high-quality, general education courses for high school students to receive both high school and college credit from anywhere in the state! Please consider recommending Cowboy Concurrent Online Courses for students!
Benefits of Cowboy Concurrent Online
Where students live is no longer a limitation.
Cowboy Concurrent courses are offered online to give students all over the state the opportunity to get a jump start on their college education.
We recommend that high schools provide students taking Cowboy Concurrent Online courses a classroom or quiet place on their campus to take the online course during the school day.
Resources for Counselors
- Continuing concurrent students must submit an updated Concurrent Applicant Form, which is the last page of the Concurrent Application for Admission for each semester they plan to study concurrently at OSU.
- Send official scores from ACT and SAT when you take the test by including OSU's official code of 3424 for ACT and 6546 for SAT. We also accept test scores reported on official high school transcripts.
- College Algebra requirements: Math ACT score of 24 or higher, or a proctored math placement test score (ALEKS) of 40 or higher.
- If you have a concurrent student who is interested in a certain degree program, please visit the OSU Academic Catalog for a list of degree sheets and requirements.
- We would love to come visit your high school or speak with you about the opportunities for your students at Oklahoma State. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frequently Asked Questions
What’s required for students to apply?
- Students must be enrolled as a high school junior or senior.
- Completed the online concurrent application.
- $40 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver
- Official high school transcript reflecting unweighted GPA and class rank (if available)
- ACT or SAT test score**
- Submit a signed concurrent approval form (available at completion of the online application)
* There will be a limit of 500 total students admitted to the Cowboy Concurrent Online coursework. The reduced rates apply to the Cowboy Concurrent Online classes only.
** National ACT and SAT testing is preferred for concurrent student admission. One OSU residual ACT per year may be used for concurrent admission.